Sunday, November 13, 2011

He's here!

Baby Finch was due October 20th. When I went in to my 38 week appointment my doctor offered to start me on the following Monday the 17th, 3 days before my due date. I was dilated to a 1 and 80% effaced. So we scheduled the induction but I was really nervous about it all week. I didn't want to be induced early and end up in labor for 30+ hours like I was with Milo. So I kept going back and forth on whether to be induced or cancel and give myself more time.  I decided I would get checked Friday and see if I had progressed. I called to see if that would be possible and found out there was no in the office that could check me that day. Luckily I know a nurse who knows a labor and delivery nurse who agreed to check me on Sunday. Sunday night she checked me and said I was dilated to a 3 and 80% she also stripped my membranes. We went to my parents that night and I was having contractions all night but they never got regular. We decided to go in the following morning and be induced. Monday morning we got the call around 6:00 a.m. got ready and headed to the hospital. This time around was so different from Milo. After starting pitocin around 8:00 a.m. I got my epidural around 10:00 and he was here by 2:15 p.m.

He weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. 


It was so nice to get to hold him immediately. Milo had a hard time breathing and I didn't get to see him for a couple of hours so I LOVED being able to hold him and begin nursing within that first hour.
A lot of people said he looks just like Milo did. I think they definately look like brothers, but he has his own look.








We had narrowed our name list down to about 4 names that we liked but we had not decided on one when we got to the hospital. We also had Milo's picks, Dino, Boo-Boo Head and Sloppy Joe. We still hadn't decided after he was born. Cody came back to the hospital the day after he was born and we were talking about what we should name him when Cody suggested Charlie, which had not been on our list at all. I said that I liked it but we still weren't 100% sure. So I told Cody to take all the names we liked and write them down and draw out of a hat. Cody, Hayley and Millie (who were there visiting) all pulled Charlie out!We decided that was name: Charlie Duke Finch. Duke is Cody's grandma's maiden name.


1 comments:

Ashley and Josey said...

Congradulations! He is so cute!