Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sleep, oh how I have missed you


Milo is finally sleeping through the night. (I can say that if it's been more than 3 in a row, right?) Now I know what some of you are thinking, I should have let him cry it out months ago. He is nine months old after all.
Well, I tried, once.
The night was full of tears (mine and Milo's), frustration (mostly mine) and shouting (mine and Cody's). So I put it off, as I usually do. (I am the worst kind of procrastinator!) I would say, "Next week. Okay, this weekend. Starting Monday".....and so on. Until, finally, Milo decided for himself that he prefers to sleep through the night. So I guess come potty training time, I'll just let Milo train himself. Not really, but how great would that be?

9 comments:

Josh & Kenz said...

Oh my heck Emily!!! He is the cutest little boy!!! I love his smile.

lynsie said...

I don't know how you have been functioning! The first time I let T "cry it out" I was hiding in the garage crying. My life got exponentially better when T started sleeping through the night! Well, just in time for daylight savings to come and ruin all of our schedules :) Good luck and congrats!

Jaime Stephens said...

That is so nice, good work milo! Sometimes you just have to let them do things on there own time... And about the hats... With Brims.. but colors I have no idea and I'm not picky, buttons whatever you think..

Jade, Maclee, Briten & Jalee said...

Em he is so freakin cute i cant believe how big he is

Calli Fox said...

Dang cute! I'm so happy for you Em. Keep up the good work Milo. I had to let Drew cry. I also cried but it worked after a couple nights. My advice is do whatever is best for you. Calli

Ali said...

HI Emily,
I remember that time with Izzy... It was the same situation,tears, shouting, hours of torture for everyone! My last two babies didn't have to suffer like Izzy did...for my sake!

And are my eyes forsaken me or is Cody really sporting baby cheeks in your previous post!?

Carlie Michelle said...

Em that baby boy is adorable! I haven't seen him in so long! So cute!

FJ Johnson said...

Emily He is the cutest little boy. I don't know if i have ever seen such a cute little smile. I love him.

Adrie said...

You did bettter than me, sometimes my kids still don't sleep through the night and want to crawl in bed with us.