Monday, August 18, 2008

Yellowstone

My Mom, Hayley and I took a quick trip up to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone last week. It was quite the adventure considering that we had four kids ages 4 and under with us! My mom rented a van so we could all ride together, I wish I had gotten a picture of the inside of the van full of car seats. All of the kids were actually really good for the drive. (Thank goodness for portable DVD players!) We got to Jackson and had ribs at the famous "Bubba's", the next day we headed for Yellowstone. I haven't been to the actual park since I was a baby so it was pretty exciting. I would like to plan a trip to go back sometime and spend more time really seeing things. We didn't see a single animal the whole time! We had been siking up Hayley's kids for all the wildlife we would be seeing and then nothing! We stayed in Island Park at Hayley's friends cabin that night and the next day we stopped at Bear World in Rexburg. It was actually pretty cool. They have 37 bears in a couple of acres that you drive through. The bears were coming up to the car and licking the handles. (I'm sure there was leftover Cheeto dust from Lucy on there.) We also got to see rare white elk and the kids loved the petting zoo. On the way to Yellowstone Lucy kept asking what animals she could pet and was pretty bummed when we told her you can't pet wild animals. So she was excited when she got to pet baby deer.


Tetons




Old Faithful


Lucy enjoying her ribs.

Milo was such a happy easy baby the whole way.

7 comments:

Josh & Kenz said...

Milo's laugh cracks me up!

Adrie said...

That is the funniest picture! I'm glad you had a fun trip and I love Lucy & the ribs.

FJ Johnson said...

Ok so that is the funniest and cutest picture of Milo I've ever seen. I love that he smiles all the time. What a fun baby.

Amberly said...

Looks so fun! Wish we could have been there! We'll have to go back in the fall because last Sept. when we went we saw tons of animals. I love your smiley boy!

Jade, Maclee, Briten & Jalee said...

Em I Love him that picture makes me want to just squeeze him! I am so jelous of your trip it sounded like so much fun! we need to take a trip we havent in so long and that is kinda our thing or was we need to go somewhere love you guys

JENKIES said...

How fun! We are heading there next week with Tyler and John.

Natalie said...

That Milo is one cute baby. What great pictures you have of him. I can't wait to see him in person.