Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The only good snake is a dead snake!

I was out in my yard yesterday, about to plant some flowers in the garden right in front of my porch, when I saw a SNAKE. I hate snakes! I yelled at Cody to come see this snake because it didn't look like your usual garden snake and I didn't like the looks of its tail. After much debate over what kind of snake it was, I told Cody I didn't care what kind it was I just wanted it dead!

So after Cody chopped its head off and closer inspection we realized.................................................


IT WAS A RATTLESNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So needless to say I am totally freaked out. Especially because he was just a little guy so now I am wondering if there is a nest nearby and where all of his brothers and sisters are.

4 comments:

Adrie said...

That is so scarey!!! I would be putting my house up for sale, good luck with that!!!

Ali said...

yikes! I would be wearing rubber boots any time I stepped out in the yard if I were you!

Carlie Michelle said...

Hey Em! It is peekaboophotos.blogspot.com they are so cute, you will love them. Thanks for letting me hang out mith you and Milo this weekend, I love him- such a good baby!

Tobias said...

Emily... Thanks for the comment on my blog, I am so glad that we found each other; it feels like I found my little sister again. I will be adding you to the "pretty much awesomest people in the world" list on my blog. As for your post, I would have been running around screeming like a little girl. I am scared of 3 things in this world, and Snakes are at the top of his list. I freak everytime I see one...No really. One time I was playing wiffle ball at my house, and a little garden snake came slithering up to me. I yelled, and hit the snake untill it was grounded up meat. I hate them... A rattle snake??? I would have gotten my shot gun and blew a whole in my garden just to kill it. Really I would have taken out any plant/tree in my garden for the cause.